European Traffic Education Seminar 2022
Tuesday 13 September 2022 | 10:00-16:00 CEST
Hybrid event (Online & Madrid)
To sufficiently equip young road users to become safe road users, education remains of chief importance. This is especially true for secondary school pupils (aged 12 – 18) as they start to travel independently and have to deal with more complex traffic situations.
The seminar consist of two distinct parts. The morning session focused on linking education on sustainable mobility with traffic safety, two topics that often go hand-in-hand. In particular, the morning session focused on educational projects that not only teach safe cycling or walking, but that also encourages the use of active and sustainable modes of transport, as well as projects that encourage safe and sustainable transport to and around schools. A report on this topic as well as a report on the road safety situation of children and youngster in Europe was presented during the seminar’s morning session.
The afternoon session featured presentations on the latest traffic education projects from across Europe.
Download the agenda here.
The recordings of the seminar will be made available in the coming weeks.
- The Road Safety Situation of Children and Youngsters in Europe | Antonio Avenoso (ETSC)
- The LEARN! Project: Improving Traffic Safety and Mobility Education in Europe | Frank Mütze (ETSC)
- Linking Education on Sustainable Mobility with Traffic Safety | Frank Mütze (ETSC)
- Promoting Walking and Cycling through Educational Interventions: The Road Safety Institute (RSI) “Panos Mylonas” ERASMUS+ programmes | Vangelis Makris (Road Safety Institute Panos Mylonas)
- Science Education for a Safer and More Sustainable Future | Alain Areal (Prevenção Rodoviária Portuguesa)
- Evaluation of the Heart Zone project | Vibeke Milch (TØI)
- New Spanish Educational Regulations on Safe Mobility | María José Aparicio (Dirección General de Tráfico (DGT))
- The Pedestrian and Cycling Tests and Certificates – a Framework for pedestrian and Cycling Education in Flanders, Belgium | Werner De Dobbeleer (Flemish Foundation for Traffic Knowledge (VSV))
- The Future of Our Road Network – Collision Data Workshop | Sandra Agbabiaka & Max Moorcock (London Borough of Hackney)
- Foro Compromiso | Ignacio Lijarcio (FESVIAL) (English slides forthcoming)
- 32 years of Road Prevention and Mobility Campaigns for Children and Youngsters | Mar Cogollos (AESLEME)
- Training Program for Young Personal Mobility Devices Users | Ruben Cano (CNAE)
- Road Safety Network | Katarzyna Dobrzańska-Junco (Malopolska Region)
- Practical Experience with Traffic Education in Primary Schools in the Czech Republic | Alena Daňková (Czech Transport Research Center (CDV))
- European Road Safety Charter | Sophie Vanhove (Vias Institute)